Serving Your Communities For Over 100 Years
H.G. Hill Gallatin Employment Ad
H.G. Hill Market in Gallatin is currently looking for a qualified Meat Department Clerk. Must have prior experience and/or training in meat cutting, slicing, wrapping, and stocking. Send application requests, as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities will include:
- Cutting, slicing, grinding, and sawing various cuts of pork, beef, and chicken. (Must be at least 18 years of age to operate power equipment).
- Setting the meat counter, which includes properly rotating the product and keeping the counter fully stocked on a daily basis.
- Stocking the counter and freezers, which includes unloading delivery trucks that require heavy lifting up to 100 lbs with employee assistance.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the Meat Department prep room. This includes breaking down and cleaning all equipment and cases daily.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service and to fill customer orders in a timely and courteous manner.
- Must be able to properly wrap and label all products to be sold.
- Previous grocery/butcher shop experience preferred.
- Must be able to take direction and maintain a positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work 30-40 hours a week plus weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be over 18.
Starting pay is based on experience. Employees are also eligible for bonuses if department goals are met. Periodic evaluations are held to improve performance and will also provide an opportunity for an increase in base pay. Equal opportunity employer.